Friday, February 9, 2007

Deliverance--in One Month

I've done it! Yep! I've done it. I've rented an apartment, my brother is going to drive the motor home back to Maine so it'll be there when I'm there--and where there is plenty of help and time to deal with motor home problems (see "The Motor Home Chronicles," recent blog). I'll store it there very near Scott's home (for only $62 a month, quite do-able), and whenever I'm in Maine (3-week vacation this summer, I believe, and when I leave this job, whenever that turns out to be), I'll have "my own front door," as I did this summer.

Charlie (my brother) will be here on March 9, I believe, and my move-in date is March 10, and I'm going to rent some furniture while I look around for pieces I like (or have them shipped from Texas, if that works out), and I just couldn't be happier. The motor home, as I've said, is an adventure, but with my work schedule and my moonlighting activities, adventure is going to have to wait.

But let me tell you--and SHOW you--my new apartment. First of all, it's in the Falling Water Luxury Apartment Home complex. And the apartments are, indeed, VERY nice. I looked at a 2-bedroom, but I really don't think I need that much space. In the 1-bedroom, I have about 185 square feet less than in my condo in Texas (1005 vs. 1190), but I have 2 fewer rooms and one fewer bathroom, so the square footage in this apartment appears to be--and is--much more spacious, as you'll see. In fact, I like my kitchen more than the condo kitchen (not that I'm all that familiar with the condo kitchen)!


Okay, here's the view from the back of the golf cart that whisked me away to the model apartment so that I could take pictures (for this posting and for figuring out what I need to rent to fill it up). You're looking at the office, the ubiquitous palm trees, and the mail hut (complete with mail truck). We'll revisit the view in this direction at the end of this little tour, and you'll be even more impressed.

Inside, I want to show you first the kitchen, to prove my point that it's nicer than my condo kitchen. In the model apartment, it's to the left of the entrance, and to the right is a laundry room that's considerably larger than the one in my condo, that INCLUDES a washer/dryer (YAY!!) and that has a painting on the wall. Va-va-va-voom!!! Pretty classy, right? Well, I WANT to show this to you, but I don't seem to be able to pull pictures in one at a time, so I'm going to quit this posting, and start Part Deux. THAT one will include the rest of the photos.

Back in a mo', as they say elsewhere.

No comments: